LYNNETTE VERMAAK DTM - CLUB GROWTH DIRECTOR
Toastmasters member since: March 2004
- IMM B.Phil Honours in Marketing
- District Admin Manager 2021/22
- TAG, Vital Communicators: President, VP Education, VP Membership, VP Public Relations
- TLI Trainer and TLI Coordinator Division A 2019/20
- Division A Chief Judge 2017/18
- Conference Organising Committee - Finance & Registrations 2019/20
- District Reformation Team 2020/21
- Mentors without Borders 2020-21 Successfully mentored CIS together with Rob Douglas
- L.E.A.D. 2021 participant
Relevant work experience and how it relates to Toastmasters and your role as a District leader:
- Sales and Key account Manager
- Business Development Manager, Export (Africa)
- Marketing Manager
- Quality Manager for company SANAS accreditation management system
These positions require business planning, meeting deadlines and achieving objectives
What experience do you have in strategic planning?
- Planning product launches
- Team Contributor and collaborator
What experience do you have in the area of finance?
- Setting up budgets in work situations as above
- MayCon registrations Division A 2019/20
- Club Treasurer
What experience do you have in developing procedures?
Some as required for current position at work
What lessons did you learn from previous leadership positions?
- Communication and collaboration are key
- Planning and execution
- Time management.
Why do you want to serve as a District leader?
Pay it forward - contribute to district management from my time and experience in Toastmasters Personal growth
In your opinion, what are the District mission’s major objectives and how would you work to achieve them?
Build new clubs and support existing clubs to achieve excellence. In achieving this the members grow and their positive experience brings new members and growth to the District.
Additional information about yourself
- Servant leader
- Married with 3 adult children who have now all left home.