EDMORE BERNARD GAMUNDANI DTM - PROGRAM QUALITY DIRECTOR
Toastmasters member since: 2006
- Diploma Human Resources Development
- District 74 Club Growth Director 2015/16
- Division A Governor 2014/15
- Area A4 Governor 2009/10
- Zenith Advanced: President 2021/22, VP Education 2020/21, Secretary 2019/20, VP Public Relations 2018/19
- Executive: President 2008/09, VP Education 2007/08, Secretary 2006/07
- 2xDTM, Dynamic Leadership L5, Presentation Mastery L3
- Chairman - Toastmasters Leadership Institute 2020/21
- Division TLI Coordinator 2017-19
- Club Coach: Capital
- Mentor: Challengers, Projects Hub, Le Phénix, CBZ Holdings
- Sponsor: Engineers, Supreme, CBZ Holdings
- Coach: Capita, Supreme
Relevant work experience and how it relates to Toastmasters and your role as a District leader:
I am a Human Resources Development Executive for a leading beverages multinational subsidiary. The role involves running the organisation’s People development Institution. This includes carrying out Training and Learning Needs analysis and developing mission directed developmental programs for the organisation and the industry.
What experience do you have in strategic planning?
I implemented a turn-around strategy in my current role from a loss-making centre to profitability within one year. This led to among others attainment of the IPMZ (Institute of Personnel Management Zimbabwe) People Development of the Year 2020.
What experience do you have in the area of finance?
Financial management is the lifeblood of any business. As the head of a business unit I have refined this skill including implementing strategies that returned it to profitability.
What experience do you have in developing procedures?
I have been extensively involved in the development of Quality Management Systems procedures over and above the standard operating procedures that we use in the operation.
What lessons did you learn from previous leadership positions?
- There is strength in diversity
- Respect of all team members, we all can make a contribution
- “Service is the best work of life”
Why do you want to serve as a District leader?
I have been served, I would like to return the honour. I have benefitted immensely from being a member. Toastmasters changes lives and I would like to impact more lives through service.
In your opinion, what are the District mission’s major objectives and how would you work to achieve them?
To build new clubs and assist all clubs in achieving excellence. We do not need to reinvent the wheel. We have a heritage spanning close to a century and the program has evolved with the times. We have an opportunity to change lives “one speech at a time” by tapping into the vast knowledge and experience that has evolved over time. Many sporting champions and leaders of our time have confessed to mastering the basics as their secret to success. We can grow as individuals (and the organisation) by Mastering The Basics (MTB) when we Read The Manual (RTM).
Additional information about yourself
I am humbled to be a part of such an amazing organisation. I am honoured to serve.