JOEL GOMBERA DTM - PROGRAM QUALITY DIRECTOR
Toastmasters member since: 2006Toastmasters offices held and terms of service:
- Club Growth Director 2020/21
- Division Z Director 2019/20
- Area A1 Director 2018/19
- Club Officer - President, VP Education, VP Public Relations, Sergeant at Arms
- Distinguished Toastmaster 2021
- Division Director of the Year nominee 2020
Relevant work experience and how it relates to Toastmasters and your role as a District leader:
I am a Marketing Executive responsible for the productivity and development of 250 members. I have over 20 years experience in the corporate sector.
What experience do you have in strategic planning?
I am a strategic planner for my organisation (700 team members) and for my group marketing division (250 team members).
What experience do you have in the area of finance?
Budget formulation for my marketing portfolio serving 9 regions in Zimbabwe and 300 team members
What experience do you have in developing procedures?
I have developed policies and procedures in the corporate sector such as CSR policies, social media and communications.
What lessons did you learn from previous leadership positions?
- Strategic thinking
- Motivational strategies
- Team work within a diverse team
- Remote working
- Taking decisive action.
Why do you want to serve as a District leader?
- I want to help members become the best version of themselves and get a solid return on their investment in Toastmasters i.e. follow their dollar.
- I want to serve members and share my wealth of experience.
In your opinion, what are the District mission’s major objectives and how would you work to achieve them?
The big mission is to build new clubs and support all clubs in achieving excellence. For me the focus is helping each member achieve their goals. When they do they succeed, the club succeeds, the Area, Division and District succeed. They share their success with prospective members and the numbers grow.
Additional information about yourself
I am an action oriented leader and team player. I embrace innovation in my operations, and am a stronger believer in collaboration.