BHEKISISA NGOMANE DTM - PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER
Toastmasters member since: October 2018
- N5 National Certificate (Mechanical Engineering)
- Trade Test (Aircraft Mechanic)
- B737-800 (Aircraft and Power Plant Maintenance)
- President Club: President 2020/21, VP Membership 2019/20
- Area A2 Director Oct 2020-Jun 2021
- Division A Director 2021/22
- Division A Toastmaster of the Year 2019/20
- District 74 Top Area 2020/21
- President of Top 10 Club, President Club - 2020/21
Relevant work experience and how it relates to Toastmasters and your role as a District leader:
Communications and Stakeholder Manager - Tshiamo Learning 2016 to 2019
What experience do you have in strategic planning?
- Tshiamo Learning: Communications and Stake holder relations director. To create an effective mentorship program
- President Club, President: Working with a team to ensure we create a conducive learning and growth environment
- Area A2 Director: Working with and supporting exco members to achieve their strategic goals
- Division A Director: Working with a team of Area Directors and coordinators to strategically assist the Areas to achieve excellence.
What experience do you have in the area of finance?
- RAASA Internship Facilitator: Working with a budget of R480000 per annum to deliver a quality internship program.
- Working closely with the Treasurer as VPM and President of President Club
What experience do you have in developing procedures?
- RAASA Internship Facilitator: Wrote a Manual of Procedures for the organisation on Recreation Aviation Lenience applications and issuing.
- Comair Limited: Tasked with writing a Work Instruction Manual for the department.
What lessons did you learn from previous leadership positions?
- The speed of the leader is the speed of the pack. People will always adapt to the speed of the leader.
- You can't lead people where they don't want to go
- Constantly reiterate the vision, it is easy to forget it when it is crunch time.
Why do you want to serve as a District leader?
- To learn skills that I may use in my business
- To contribute to the growth of the District.
In your opinion, what are the District mission’s major objectives and how would you work to achieve them?
- The major objectives at the moment are to work towards building 2 healthy Districts by 2024.
- This can be achieved by being intentional in building leaders who buy into this vision from club level.